Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Business Class Trip to Tasmania
Free Business Class Trip to Tasmania !  - Use your Credit Card in SMART Way  Smile

I am sure many of you would have already enjoying with lot of benefits of using Credit Cards ! If you really use a Credit card in SMART way, you would be able to enjoy really good benefits.

Check out below to get maximum out of your credit cards:

1. One time Bonus
Most of the credit cards provide initial bonus opportunity when getting a new card. Applicants with good credit history will be eligible credit cards bonuses. This bonus may be in form of $ amount or Rewards points in exchange for spending a certain amount in the first few months. 

2. Cash back
The cash-back credit card was first popularized in the United States by Discover, and the idea was simple: Use the card and get 1% of your purchases rebated in the form of cash back. Today, the concept has grown and matured. Now, some cards now offer 2%, 3% or even as much as 6% cash back on selected purchases, though such lucrative offers involve quarterly or annual spending caps.

3. Reward points
We can earn points as we spend and pay by credit card. These points can be redeemed for travel, gift cards, dining and even cash credits to your credit card. The trick is to find the card that best fits with your spending patterns.

4. Frequent-Flyer Miles
Cardholders generally earn miles in net purchases. How valuable this reward actually is, depends on the type of airline ticket you purchase with your points or miles. Many frequent flyer cards offers miles after meeting the card's initial spending requirements. This is where you earn free Business class travelling opportunities as you spend money with no extra cost!

I will give you more Tips to minimize the risks of using Credit Cards via my next write ups.  Cool

Happy to hear your feedback and please share your experience as well !

Source: Investopedia. 
Photo credits to original owners
I always use credit cards whenever I can as I collect bonus points and reward points and then use them for my travel. I follow the below steps usually.
  • Search online for the best available reward points at any given time. I usually find this via a google search. You can always find things on google. Finder.com.au is also a good place to look for available deals at any point in time. Make sure the bank that offers the credit card has reward partner airlines that you would prefer flying. For example, Westpac has Virgin airlines partnering, therefore; your reward points can be transferred from the credit card to Velocity frequent flyer points. 
  • If you plan to use the card just for one-off points, use the card that gives you a sign-on bonus. but if you plan to use the card for a bit longer, see which card gives you both bonuses and better ongoing points. 
  • Select the best one that gives you the most points (to travel) and see the minimum spend to be eligible for points. If you have a rates bill, insurance, or any standard payment coming up, this will be ideal so plan the card application correctly. Some cards comes with zero annual fees for the first year, and this is also a good factor to consider.
  • If the card gives you a balance transfer option (interest-free for a few months), use your existing card to purchase something that you would anyway and transfer the balance with the credit card. I once used my old credit card to buy a car (only $9,000) and used that amount as a balance transfer. (without using my offset money, I get an interest-free loan). If you're purely collecting points, the above point is not applicable. 
  • Make sure you spend the minimum amount within the stipulated days (Usually within the first 30 or 60 days)
  • Once the reward points are credited to your account, you can call the bank and request the points to be transferred to your preferred airline program.
  • If you plan to continue the card, use the card wisely where you get more points. If you have your standard credit card that came with your home loan, you have to immediately cancel the credit card to ensure you w't end up paying annual fees.
Please keep in mind that each time you make an application for a credit card, this will be registered as a credit facility, and if you plan to borrow or get a mortgage, these applications will come up. So make sure you close all credit cards that you don't use. In an ideal world, you would only have 1 credit card (ongoing) that comes with your mortgage and use the other cards to get points and close them once the points are earned.

Should say flying business class for free compared to my paid economy class flights.. YOU SIMPLY CANNOT COMPARE.

Safe travels Smile Let me know if you need anything else or pm